Project Manager/Supplier Mgmt Specialist
McGraw-Hill Educationis a digital learning company that draws on its more than 100 years of educational expertise to offer solutions which improve learning outcomes around the world. McGraw-Hill Education is the adaptive education technology leader with the vision for creating a highly personalized learning experience that prepares students of all ages for the world that awaits. The Company has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in more than 65 languages. For additional information, visitwww.mheducation.com
CTB/McGraw-Hill, a division of McGraw-Hill Education, has an exceptional opportunity for aProject Manager/ Supplier Management Specialist . This position can be located at our facility in Monterey, CAorIndianapolis, INor it can beRemote.
The Supplier Management Specialist assures all assigned components for customer designed products are completed on time, on budget and within quality standards as specified per program requirements. Establishes and manages cross functional teams, projects schedules and deliverables. Serves as subject matter expert and works with Program and Project Managers to understand scope of work, schedules and budgets for assigned project execution. Interfaces with external vendors to set and adjust schedules and ensure compliance to required specifications.
* Participate on cross functional project teams to manage assigned aspects of assigned projects.
* Create and maintain project schedules and specifications per program requirements
* Coordinate and lead project team meetings with suppliers
* Generate final purchase orders in the PO system. Monitor and process purchase orders and invoices. Escalate anomalies and/or issues.
* Must integrate demand for supplier support from multiple sources of information and allocate requirments among suppliers to insure tha CTB request do not exceed vendor capacities or agreed upon service level caps.
* Adjusts supplier schedules based upon changes in timelines, again ensuring that caps are not exceeded. Track and report compliance metrics for cost, schedule and quality during project.
* Analyze variances from project plan, determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
* Receive, route, and communicate proofing approvals for all deliverables both internally and externally
* Ensures suppliers receive, comprehend and follow instructions relating to quality control of fulfillment of orders. Verifies required specifications and requirements are included in corresponding purshase orders.
* Participates in annual vendor ratings and development of annual supplier improvement plans for cost, quality and delivery.
* Database and specification management: Develop and maintain purchase material specifications. Populate and maintain vendor cost and capacity database.
* Five years increasingly responsible supplier and project management experience; or equivalent combination of a bachelors degree in a technical or business field and equivalent experience required
* Extensive experience in process analysis,development, and improvement.
* Ability to demonstrate Lean 6 Sigma knowledge through job application or course.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Access, Power Point, Word, Microsoft Project in order to perform calculations requiring analysis in the use of graphs, charts, macros, compile reports, compile project plans and develop and conduct presentations to varying target audiences and levels up to senior management required.
* Proficient communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to effective negotiate, influence others in order to ensure customer and business requirements are met.
* Experience in use of electronic databases to extract, manipulate and analyze data required
* Demonstrated ability to perform detailed analysis in the tracking and variance of projects and costs, adherence to standardized specifications required.
* Direct buying or purchasing experience in a supporting role with formal training or hands on experience working with ERP/MRP systems and cost estimation analysis preferred.
* Demonstrated success in the management and coordination of multiple schedules and projects working under tight constraints and/or deadlines involving providing instruction to others required. Includes ability to prioritize and project time demands for projects multiple months in the futureand determining impact to operational support needs
* Green Belt Certification preferred
* PMI Project Certification preferred
* Experience working with ISO 9000 Quality System preferred
McGraw-Hill Education is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Monterey, California, United States